Me

Me
So happy

Sunday, May 10, 2009

About to depart

Hey everyone,

This is the 1st entry of my Kenya volunteering blog. I couldn't be much more excited to go than I am now. I have been preparing for this trip for several months and saw it evolve from an ambigious wish to something more concrete and from 5-6 people to my best friend Dave and myself. I am especially excited to go to Kenya because I feel like I have developed a fondness and fascination towards and regarding Africa. As many of you know, I run the group Weber State STAND and spend a lot of time thinking about Africa and have dedicated much of my volunteer service to Africa.

What do I expect? I don't know what to expect- hot somewhat humid weather with warm rain, a good month without texting-how odd!!, a fantastic volunteer experience, fear, joy, some home sickness, but mostly I think that it will be hard for me to leave- service is the most important part of my existence and yes, the apogee, the zenith of my life.

I take off Tuesday morning. I will update this blog again within a week of my arrival. I hope you stay tuned.

With hope and profound joy,
Cameron Morgan

2 comments:

  1. Cameron,

    I'm very happy for you my man! I hope to be able to go next year as well- your dedication is very admirable. You're really what has made Weber State STAND so successful and I think you're starting to rub off on us! This week Jo Anne and I gave 5 presentations that took entire class periods. We got the kids to sign postcards and the English classes are going to mail letters as an assignment. We'll keep up the work over here and cheer on your service abroad!

    Peace!
    -Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameron,
    this is sherise, me and the family miss you so much we hope you are doing well and having a good time we really hope the best for you while you are down there,
    I hope to see you soon.
    love sherise and the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete