Me

Me
So happy

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hey Friends,

It has been awhile since I have posted on here, but I wanted to share some new poems. As you may know, I released a self-published poetry book via Wordclay called, 'Ephemeron'. I hosted a very successful book release party a few weeks ago and sold out of all of my hard copies. Thank you for all of your support!

You can still pick up a copy of 'Ephemeron' here: http://www.wordclay.com/BookStore/BookStoreBookDetails.aspx?bookid=70747

Here is one of my newest poems (not featured in Ephemeron), it is called 'Opiate Dreams' -first draft, written  on 1-26-12:

This house is haunted love,
Decrepit and derelict,
We are directed by daemons to the sad
State of today,
And your eyes
Tired-green eidolons
Flicker like grim
Lamp-light about the
Harsh contours of my face,
 Finding it harder
To swear fidelity to the burdensome
Neighbors of present and past,
Our minds and cold hands entwined
Like opium and dreams,
Doppelgangers of life too
Turbid to comprehend.

Oh, but I live for the morning,
Torn from mourning,
When we gaze with gaunt
Eyes at one another
When love and lingering
Illuminate the nascent day,
When you speak in signs
And sonnets and signal
Such... beautiful things,
And when rhythm and rhyme
Fail to encapsulate
Every look
 and the
Music of love mutes
The inexorable screams
Of buried past and interned dreams.

Thanks for reading!

Best,

Cameron Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment