Me

Me
So happy

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween

This is an original poem that I drafted tonight. This will be one of many Halloween-themed poems! Enjoy!

Tis the one night a year, I can see my beloved
Guided by halogen stars-
 Beaming dead smiles,
Sighs and screams fill the alleyways-
And ghastly ships sail un-tethered from sepulcher bays,
Lit only by eldritch moon-rays-
Spotlighting the empty graves
As the restless dead roam un-moored
And lurk beneath the creaking floor-boards-
To feast upon the unlucky-living-lot-
It is then I see my beloved.

She appears,
Corpse-pale in the shaded grove,
-Virulent tears-
Nightshade blooms wherever she goes,
Ghastly,
As every man knows,
Who has ever
 Felt the shudder
 Of a Zephyr flutter-
Of drapes on a windless day;
A shiver,
And she is known to me.





***Copyright 2013. R. Cameron Morgan. All Rights Reserved***

No comments:

Post a Comment