Me

Me
So happy

Monday, August 19, 2013

Atlas-a new poem

A new, original poem that I just wrote. Thanks for reading!

Atlas,
But I do not shrug,
The strain burrows lash-deep-
Kinetic in crisis,
Yolked to a muted destiny-
Deaf to its designs;
I carry not the weight of anything,
Save lead thoughts-
Struggle not for the sins of anyone,
Save plaintive 
Nightingale-She's-
Silently mouthing dead words,
Stockholm; befriending the bony-cage
Casing my craggy heart.
I hear nothing as the world envelopes-
Splintered joints collapsing;
Spartan soul laid sepulcher bare.

Ages pass and hyacinth bones bleed to
Terra-firma-
Bare to the soles that endlessly stride over me,
I am watchful NOTHING to their promenades-
Persephone, bound by blind Gods,
But, I will no longer squirm and aerate for their pleasure,
Stoic in mindful suffering, I wait...





***Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved, R. Cameron Morgan***

No comments:

Post a Comment