Me

Me
So happy

Sunday, May 5, 2013

A prayer to nature (new poem)


I just finished writing this after sitting on my balcony and appreciating a incandescent sun-set. This is a original poem that was written today! Hope you enjoy:

A prayer to nature

As I recline and ponder the vast unknowns of your beauty,
I wonder if I should.
Should I attempt to grasp the contours of your wonder
With my thick-clumsy words?
Must I notate your verse when scribbles would only injure
The immovable delicacy of your rythme?
I wonder if you’d love me, strong-artful evening
If you knew of my restless heart and lustful soul.
Would you weigh my distractions
Like Anubis currency on the scales of final judgement?

Sweet darling, wondrous-obtusity,
To which meadowy brook do your rivers flow?
To what craggy peak does your hope aspire-
Clouds carrying and condensing freedom?
I can only bask in the zephyr of your melodious night,
Breath deeply your sylvan scent and fragrant innocence
And remain a humble servant to the flattery of your endless mystery.

Amen.

Thanks for reading!! 



***Copyright 2013. Cameron Morgan. All Rights Reserved.***

No comments:

Post a Comment