Me

Me
So happy

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Haunted

Original draft written on 4-14-2013 by Cameron Morgan

Haunted by the active moments
Which flee my understanding-
Dwelling languidly in the sick flicker of florescent light
Longing to feel the warmth of her neutral gaze-
Mid-day sun shrouded in a vapor burqa-
 Always blind to the braille touch of her leather caress,
Can I even stay in present tense
When words wither-archaic-sputtered by slow lips?
Trembling now under the yolk of movement,
Clasping hands to empty leather tomes-
Will the words appear-near a brighter light?
Will my footsteps track one and two
With no one to carry me?
I hope now that the bled-ivory gates will creak open,
And welcome me to the storied fields of a promising life.
Hope that the ocean-fed zephyr will chill my bones and
Awaken my slumbering heart.
Will they forget me after a long winter's night-
Mortar and kudzu-strangled brick?
Will their memories be of a waking moment
Drenched in the fear of fever dreams?
Will they remember me when my eyes blister with welled tears-
Dry, westerly, luke-warm?
I fear that I am lost to the phantom pains of a past
Phantasmagoric and a future, more dream than terra firma.
Tonight, I'll sleep with one weary eye strained with inevitable defeat
And awake, pious, aware-alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment